Offers an in-depth study of the multiple systems found on today’s vehicles, including electrical, fuel, ignition, power, and drive train. Provides a thorough exposure to the technical aspects of the automobile, and to develop manual and critical thinking skills related to diagnostics, servicing, and testing. Courses provide a broad technical background for individuals interested in automotive technology and related industries.
Laboratory classes offer hands-on experience designed to strengthen understanding of the theoretical concerns outlined during lecture periods. Laboratories possess many of the latest equipment currently used to service today's automobiles, including representative types of various engines, chassis, transmissions, rear axles, and testing equipment.
- Develop knowledge of the career opportunities in the automotive service industry.
- Develop the requisite entry-level skills and knowledge for employment in the automotive service industry.
- Demonstrate the utilization of safety hazards standards/precautions as associated with the automotive service industry and develop and demonstrate the necessary skills to work safely in auto labs and service shop environments.
- Demonstrate the characteristics and standards of professionalism that contribute to an effective job performance in a manner that include behavior, appearance, and punctuality.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills both in the written and verbal forms to communicate difficult and technical information to others, including fellow students, instructors, and/or customers.
- Apply the learned theories of automotive technology to specific situations to reach conclusion resulting in the proper diagnosis and repair through the use of interpreted data, previous experiences and to identify root causes.
- Demonstrate the utilization of technology reflective to the task to effectively retrieve information to solve complex problems through critical analysis to ensuring adequate preparations for the advancements that take place in the automotive technology industry.
• Diagnostic Technician
• Dynamometer Technician
• Parts Manager
• Product Test Technician
• Service Manager
• Service Technician
The Automotive Technology program is fully certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), and is fully accredited as a MAST (Master Automotive Service Technology) program by the ASE Education Foundation. 1503 Edwards Ferry Rd., NE Suite 401 Leesburg, VA 20176 http://www.aseeducationfoundation.org/
See General Education Requirements for details.
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|ENG-131: Introduction to College Writing||3.00|
|ENG-135: Business and Technical Writing and Research||3.00|
|CIS-100: Introduction to Information Technology||3.00|