Associate in Business
School of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Professional Development: 313-845-9645, email@example.com, Technology Bldg, Room: E-211
Jared Boyd: 313-845-9697, firstname.lastname@example.org, Liberal Arts Building, Room: K-329
Provides students with fundamental knowledge in business studies. Designed to afford students with the ability to transfer to specific four-year bachelor degree programs with the maximum number of credits possible. The core courses in the Business Administration program consist of courses that are often required by four-year institutions to enter their business programs.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain how activities involved in operating a business connect with one another.
- Analyze financial conditions utilizing principles of accounting.
- Develop business strategies.
- Analyze how economic forces and government policies affect business alternatives as well as social outcomes.
- Evaluate business decisions based on their legal consequences.
- Evaluate the opportunities and threats resulting from current business trends.
- Model appropriate and effective verbal and nonverbal communication with employers, employees, team members, business partners, and customers.
- Apply algebraic concepts to solve business related problems and conduct business research.
- Employ computer software application programs such as word processing, spreadsheets, and database to perform ordinary business activities.
Required Core Courses
Credit Hours: 22
Required Support Courses
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|CIS-100: Introduction to Information Technology||3.00|
|ENG-131: Introduction to College Writing||3.00|
English Composition or Communication: Complete one
|SPC-131: Fundamentals of Speaking||3.00|
Mathematics: Complete one
Credit Hours: 16
Complete additional 100-level, or higher, credits to complete this degree.
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Fall 2021 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.