Certificate of Achievement
School of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Professional Development: 313-845-9645, email@example.com, Technology Bldg, Room: E-211
Roger Weekes: 313-317-1582, firstname.lastname@example.org, Technology Bldg, Room: E-112
Enables designers, engineers, and students with previous CAD background to become knowledgeable and proficient in this powerful and versatile software. Usage of CATIA V5 is increasing in the automotive and supplier industry. Course work covers some of the most commonly used Work Benches such as Sketcher, Part, Drafting, Assembly, and Generative Shape Design (surfacing).
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop knowledge of career opportunities and demonstrate the requisite entry level CAD and Industrial Drafting skills for the Manufacturing Industry.
- Utilized drafting principles to read and comprehend a part drawing.
- Applied and layout dimensions on a part drawing for manufacturing.
- Create a part design using 3D CAD software program.
- Create orthographic views of a part design utilizing 3D CAD software program.
- Create section views of a part.
- Project an auxiliary view from an inclined surface.
- CAD Drafter
- CATIA Designer
- Design Engineer
Required Core Courses
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|DRAF-123: Introduction to CATIA V5||2.00|
|DRAF-125: CATIA V5 Level II||2.00|
|DRAF-127: CATIA V5 Level III||2.00|
Credit Hours: 6
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Fall 2017 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.