Certificate of Achievement
School of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Professional Development: 313-845-9645, firstname.lastname@example.org, Technology Bldg, Room: E-211
Roger Weekes: 313-317-1582, email@example.com, Technology Bldg, Room: E-112
Enables designers, engineers, and students with previous CAD background to become proficient in the use of the powerful and versatile UG NX design software, which is increasing in the automotive and aircraft industries. Coursework includes the most commonly used environments such as sketcher, part design, drafting, assembly, and surfacing. UG NX is Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Develop knowledge of career opportunities and demonstrate the requisite entry level CAD and Industrial Drafting skills for the Manufacturing Industry.
- Utilized drafting principles to read and comprehend a part drawing.
- Applied and layout dimensions on a part drawing for manufacturing.
- Create a part design using 3D CAD software program.
- Create orthographic views of a part design utilizing 3D CAD software program.
- Create section views of a part.
- Project an auxiliary view from an inclined surface.
- CAD Drafter
- UG NX Designer
Required Core Courses
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|DRAF-131: UG NX Level 1 - Introduction||2.00|
|DRAF-132: UG NX Level II - Intermediate||2.00|
|DRAF-133: UG NX Level III - Advanced||2.00|
|DRAF-134: UG NX Level IV - Applications||2.00|
Credit Hours: 8
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Fall 2017 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.