Prepares students to transfer to a 4-year institution to pursue an American Chemical society approved chemistry major. It was designed in collaboration with several university chemistry departments to ensure maximum transferability into the various programs they offer.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the general chemistry topics identified in the ACS Guidelines for Chemistry in Two Year College Programs.
- Demonstrate a basic mastery of the organic chemistry topics identified in the ACS Guidelines for Chemistry in Two Year College Programs.
- Demonstrate a proficiency to safely and correctly use chemical instrumentation and proper laboratory techniques.
- Analyze and interpret information from various sources, including experimental data and chemical literature.
- Present experimental results using proper written and/or verbal English.
- Design and carry out a scientific investigation using appropriate experimental design and methodology.
The nature of this program is to serve as a transfer degree into a 4-year or longer degree at another college or university.
See General Education for Transfer Degrees for details.
|CHEM-141: Principles of General and Inorganic Chemistry I
|CHEM-142: Principles of General and Inorganic Chemistry II
|CHEM-241: Organic Chemistry I
|CHEM-242: Organic Chemistry II
|CHEM-243: Microscale Organic Chemistry Laboratory I
English Composition or Communication: Complete one