Associate in Applied Science
School of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Professional Development: 313-845-9645, email@example.com, Technology Bldg, Room: E-211
Chad Richert: 313-317-1515, firstname.lastname@example.org, Technology Bldg, Room: E-115C
The Associate of Civil Technology Program is a hands on, lab based program, designed to give students skills and knowledge necessary to work as civil engineering technicians in areas involving drafting, construction, estimating, and surveying. In this program, students will learn to assist with the design and construction of highways, buildings, and other infrastructures.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Utilize principles, hardware, and software that are appropriate to produce drawings, reports, quantity estimates, and other documents related to design and construction.
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations and maintenance of systems associated with civil technology.
- Select appropriate construction related materials and practices.
- Perform standard analysis and design related to civil technology.
- Utilize surveying methods appropriate for land measurement and/or construction layout.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory tests related to civil engineering.
Civil engineering technician
Category 1: English Composition
Complete any one.
See General Education Requirements for details.
Computer Technology: Complete any one
Required Core Courses
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|ENGR-201: Science of Materials||3.00|
|ENGT-245: Applied Statics||3.00|
|GEOL-131: Physical Geology||4.00|
|CHEM-131: Principles of Chemistry||4.00|
|BLDA-100: Introduction to Autocad||4.00|
|BLDA-120: Introduction to Carpentry||4.00|
|BLDA-135: Soils and Foundations||4.00|
|BLDA-140: Construction Systems 1||4.00|
|BLDA-240: Construction Systems 2||4.00|
|BLDA-250: Surveying & Site Design||4.00|
|BLDA-260: Construction Estimating||4.00|
|BLDA-265: Civil Technology Studio||4.00|
|BLDA-280: Building Science Capstone||4.00|
Mathematics: Complete one
Credit Hours: 54
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Fall 2021 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.