Associate in Applied Science
School of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Professional Development: 313-845-9645, email@example.com, Technology Bldg, Room: E-211
Kimberly Moscardelli: 313-845-1549, firstname.lastname@example.org, Technology Bldg, Room: E-162G
Provides students with in-depth skills and knowledge in a broad range of IT disciplines including programming, database development, PC repair, networking, operating systems, security, web development, and system analysis and design. Courses in the CIS program include extensive hands-on laboratory work in current industry technology and software, such as PHP, MySQL, Oracle, .NET, Java and Mobile Application Development. HFC is also a member of Microsoft’s MSDN Academic Alliance Program which allows the College to provide students with many of their development tools at an affordable cost.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Operate a personal computer and productivity software installed on it, including Microsoft Office, file management, the Internet/Web, e-mail, and input/output/storage devices.
- Explain the importance of personal responsibility and security in a technological world, including copyright laws, netiquette, ethics, privacy issues, and security threats.
- Design, create and manipulate with an enterprise database.
- Explain networking standards, protocols, transmission media, and hardware.
- Write computer programs using several programming languages, both procedural and object-oriented.
- Explain the client-server model of web development and develop client and server-side web pages.
- Interface with the Unix/Linux operating system, including the vi editor, file management, and shell scripting.
- Analyze, design, and implement an information system.
- Create and deliver a professional team presentation.
- Systems Analyst
- Application Developer
- Software Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Project Manager
Complete any additional General Education Course
See General Education Requirements for details.
Required Core Courses
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|CIS-100: Introduction to Information Technology||3.00|
|CIS-111: SQL for Database Development||3.00|
|CIS-112: Introduction to Networking||3.00|
|CIS-122: Web Internet Technologies||3.00|
|CIS-125: Principles of Programming Logic||4.00|
|CIS-129: Introduction to UNIX with Shell Scripting||4.00|
|CIS-130: C# Programming||3.00|
|CIS-170: C Programming||3.00|
|CIS-171: Java Programming||3.00|
|CIS-294: Software Engineering||3.00|
CIS Course: Complete one
Credit Hours: 41
Required Support Courses
Credit Hours: 6
Complete additional 100-level, or higher, credits to complete this degree.
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Fall 2021 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.