Provides students with in-depth skills and knowledge in a broad range of IT disciplines including programming, database development, PC repair, networking, operating systems, security, web development, and system analysis and design. Courses in the CIS program include extensive hands-on laboratory work in current industry technology and software, such as PHP, MySQL, Oracle, .NET, Java and Mobile Application Development. HFC is also a member of Microsoft’s MSDN Academic Alliance Program which allows the College to provide students with many of their development tools at an affordable cost.
- Operate a personal computer and productivity software installed on it, including Microsoft Office, file management, the Internet/Web, e-mail, and input/output/storage devices.
- Explain the importance of personal responsibility and security in a technological world, including copyright laws, netiquette, ethics, privacy issues, and security threats.
- Design, create and manipulate with an enterprise database.
- Explain networking standards, protocols, transmission media, and hardware.
- Write computer programs using several programming languages, both procedural and object-oriented.
- Explain the client-server model of web development and develop client and server-side web pages.
- Interface with the Unix/Linux operating system, including the vi editor, file management, and shell scripting.
- Analyze, design, and implement an information system.
- Create and deliver a professional team presentation.
- Systems Analyst
- Application Developer
- Software Engineer
- Database Administrator
- Project Manager
See General Education Requirements for details.
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|CIS-100: Introduction to Information Technology||3.00|
|CIS-111: SQL for Database Development||3.00|
|CIS-112: Introduction to Networking||3.00|
|CIS-122: Web Internet Technologies||3.00|
|CIS-125: Principles of Programming Logic||4.00|
|CIS-129: Introduction to UNIX with Shell Scripting||4.00|
|CIS-130: C# Programming||3.00|
|CIS-170: C Programming||3.00|
|CIS-171: Java Programming||3.00|
|CIS-294: Software Engineering||3.00|
CIS Course: Complete one
Complete additional 100-level, or higher, credits to complete this degree.