Covers a wide range of topics within the computer networking and system administration fields. Included within the program are Cisco CCNA courses covering the setup and configuration of switches, routers, VLAN’s, VPN’s, and WANs. Security, Wireless LANs, Voice over IP and OS Virtualization courses are also required. Microsoft Windows Server and Unix/Linux are the two main network server operating systems that students perform various administrative tasks including installation, configuration, user account creation, file system security, DNS, DHCP, network printing and performance monitoring just to mention a few. Students may also focus on computer repair and operating systems troubleshooting.
- Install, maintain, and administer Windows Server operating system.
- Develop the programming logic required for system scripts.
- Interface with the Unix/Linux operating system, including the vi editor, file management, and shell scripting.
- Install, maintain, and administer the Unix/Linux operating system.
- Develop a comprehensive security plan and create security policies to mitigate network vulnerabilities.
- Design, implement, and document a comprehensive network environment.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network devices.
- PC Software Installation
- PC Hardware Installation
- Network Administration
- Computer Network Support Specialist
- Network Control and Systems Technician
- LAN/WAN Technician
Prepares students for a number of Industry Certification Exams, including Comp-TIA A+, Comp-TIA Network+, Comp-TIA Security+, Microsoft Windows Server Administration (MCP), and Cisco Systems Certified Network Associate (CCNA). These certification tests are administered at HFC's M-TEC Center, 3601 Schafer Rd., Dearborn, MI 48126, 313-317-6600. Payment and scheduling of these exams are through the Pearson-Vue Web site (http://www.pearsonvue.com).
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|CIS-100: Introduction to Information Technology||3.00|
|CIS-113: Wireless LANs||2.00|
|CIS-124: Introduction to Windows Server Administration||3.00|
|CIS-125: Principles of Programming Logic||4.00|
|CIS-129: Introduction to UNIX with Shell Scripting||4.00|
|CIS-159: A+ Technical Support||4.00|
|CIS-229: UNIX System Administration||4.00|
|CIS-242: Voice Over IP (VoIP)||2.00|
|CIS-244: Storage and Virtualization||3.00|
|CIS-295: Network Design and Implementation||3.00|
|CNT-110: CCNA: Networking I||4.00|
|CNT-120: CCNA: Networking II||4.00|
|CNT-210: CCNA: Networking III||4.00|
|CNT-220: CCNA: Networking IV||4.00|
Security: Complete one
|Course name||Credit Hours|
Network Administration: Complete 3 credit hours from any one or more of the following areas of study: Networking, Special Topics, Job Experience
|ENG-131: Introduction to College Writing||3.00|
English Composition or Communication: Complete one
Mathematics: Complete one