Covers a wide range of topics within the computer networking and system administration fields. Included within the program are Cisco CCNA courses covering the setup and configuration of switches, routers, VLAN’s, VPN’s, and WANs. Security, Wireless LANs, Voice over IP and OS Virtualization courses are also required. Microsoft Windows Server and Unix/Linux are the two main network server operating systems that students perform various administrative tasks including installation, configuration, user account creation, file system security, DNS, DHCP, network printing and performance monitoring just to mention a few. Students may also focus on computer repair and operating systems troubleshooting.
- Install, maintain, and administer Windows Server operating system.
- Develop the programming logic required for system scripts.
- Interface with the Unix/Linux operating system, including the vi editor, file management, and shell scripting.
- Install, maintain, and administer the Unix/Linux operating system.
- Develop a comprehensive security plan and create security policies to mitigate network vulnerabilities.
- Design, implement, and document a comprehensive network environment.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot network devices.
- PC Software Installation
- PC Hardware Installation
- Network Administration
- Computer Network Support Specialist
- Network Control and Systems Technician
- LAN/WAN Technician
Prepares students for a number of Industry Certification Exams, including Comp-TIA A+, Comp-TIA Network+, Comp-TIA Security+, Microsoft Windows Server Administration (MCP), and Cisco Systems Certified Network Associate (CCNA). These certification tests are administered at HFC's M-TEC Center, 3601 Schafer Rd., Dearborn, MI 48126, 313-317-6600. Payment and scheduling of these exams are through the Pearson-Vue Web site (http://www.pearsonvue.com).