Provides a mid-level understanding of the technological needs, threats, and vulnerabilities of hardware, software, operating systems, networks and the Internet. Students will examine operating systems, networks, tools and protocols needed to navigate, use, and manage security technologies as well as gain insight into the legal, social, and political dynamics of the cyber universe. Designed for students interested in cyber defense or IT professionals seeking a fundamental understanding of cybersecurity.
- Write UNIX shell scripts and manipulate the UNIX operating system and services.
- Recognize networks, operating systems and hardware.
- Identify and explain the ten domains of cybersecurity.
- Analyze and establish security requirements for systems/networks.
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction.
- Use cybersecurity tools (KALI, NMAP, Wireshark, SNORT, etc.)
- Define access privileges, control structures, and resources.
Information security professionals plan and carry out security measures to protect an organization’s computer networks and systems. Their responsibilities are continually expanding as the number of cyber attacks increases. There are many different careers paths to explore in Cybersecurity:
- Computer and Information Technology Occupations
- Cybersecurity Jobs, Burning Glass Technologies Research
- Network and Computer Systems Administrators, Salary Approximately $77,810
- Information Security Analysts, Salary Approximately $90,120
- Information Assurance Analyst, Salary Approximately $96,400
- Penetration Testers (Ethical Hackers), Salary Approximately $77,774
- Chief Information Security Officer, Salary Approximately $145,319
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|CNT-110: CCNA: Networking I||4.00|
|CNT-120: CCNA: Networking II||4.00|
|CIS-111: SQL for Database Development||3.00|
|CIS-125: Principles of Programming Logic||4.00|
|CIS-129: Introduction to UNIX with Shell Scripting||4.00|
|CIS-280: Information Assurance and Security||4.00|
|CNT-260: Network Security||4.00|