Designed for individuals interested in taking the next step into the residential and light commercial heating and cooling industry. Provides entry-level theory and laboratory experiences as well as advanced course work in commercial heating and refrigeration, light commercial controls, heating and cooling mechanical codes, installation, energy management, and energy system design. All courses in the certificate program may be applied to an Associate of Applied Science degree in Energy Technology — HVAC.
NOTE: Students who successfully complete this certificate may choose to pursue employment opportunities by taking certificate exams through the Air Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Institute (AHRI), Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA), EPA Refrigerant Recovery, and eventually sit for the State of Michigan Mechanical Contractors Test. However, these exams are not included in this program.
- Use proper tools, materials and equipment necessary for completing mechanical operations on residential and light commercial HVAC-R systems and equipment.
- Utilize standard safety procedures.
- Demonstrate both soft skills and communication skills including reading comprehension, computer skills, communication, and customer service.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems and controls in HVAC-R equipment.
- Interpret mechanical, electrical, and control diagrams relevant to the HVAC-R industry.
- Apply manufacturer specifications for HVAC-R equipment and systems.
- Demonstrate energy auditing and energy management for efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance according to service agreements.
- Energy Conservation Technician
- Facilities Maintenance Technician
- HVAC Service and Installation Technician
- Representative for power equipment or instrument and control equipment found in buildings of all sizes.
This program is designed to be completed in 64 weeks.
This program will cost $11,344 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical debt upon graduation is not available.
Program qualifies students to sit for licensure exam in the State of Michigan.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/