This certificate can be used as documentation to show a student has reached a certain level of proficiency in the fundamentals required in an electric vehicle battery manufacturing process. This certificate can be earned while pursuing an Associate in Applied Science degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or other Associate Degree programs. To earn this certificate students will receive training in some of the fundamental skills sought by electric vehicle battery manufacturers. These include basic electricity, the proper use of test equipment, digital electronics, circuit calculations, basic troubleshooting, reading schematic diagrams, data collection. Safety issues and concerns regarding the servicing of electric vehicle batteries. Also includes the study of electric vehicle battery types. The certificate also covers fundamental atomic structure; stoichiometry; molarity; the periodic table; nomenclature; reactions and equations, and properties of gases.
- Interpret and develop technical drawing, schematics and diagrams.
- Create documents based on technical information using descriptive writing, diagrams, mathematical expression, computation, and graphs.
- Apply critical thinking skills to solving problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate and perform in a team environment.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of chemical equipment.
- Analyze and interpret measurement data.
- Name chemicals from formulas for simple ionic and binary compounds and common acids. Common "ate" ion formulas should be committed to memory.
- Prepare spreadsheets that incorporate basic formulas and a variety of formatting options.
Electric Vehicle Battery Manufacturing
Eligible to take a gateway MATH course at HFC or a satisfactory score on the Math placement exam. ENG-131 eligible.
|CHEM-111: Chemical Skills for Pre-Professional Programs
|ELEC-103: Basic Electricity
|ELEC-115: Digital Circuits 1
|CIS-100: Introduction to Information Technology
|AUTO-260: Alternative Automotive Propulsion Systems