Provides a comprehensive foundation of study, emphasizing the development of theoretical, practical, and technical skills within the Graphic Design field. The program uses sequential courses that build and develop skills in a range of studio classes. Offers courses in print, front-end web design, and motion graphics. An elective course allows added experience in related tracks such as digital photography, illustration, and animation. Employs computer applications and tools as well as design techniques to assist the student in developing the range of skills necessary to compete in the multi-media field of graphic design.
- Create visual communications for an intended message, from conceptual development to final artifact using a range of media, both traditional and digital, for final output both printed and digital.
- Utilize current graphic design terminology and methodology as a basis for discussing and evaluating works of design, both student and professional.
- Incorporate historic and contemporary design influences, both period and designer, in the creation of design solutions as well as understand the role of design in culture.
- Implement appropriate typographic treatments for print and digital communications. This includes typesetting, legibility, hierarchy, and style to create engaging communication solutions.
- Apply design processes to complete appropriate design solutions. This includes the ability to sketch and refine preliminary concepts, employ the elements and principles of design as well as color theory into effective solutions.
- Utilize current industry software and equipment to construct vector and raster files for use in print, motion and digital outcomes. This includes appropriated file formats for saving work as well as for distribution of final output, and preparation for print or file transfer.
- Develop and present a portfolio of projects for use in seeking an entry-level position or transfer to a four-year degree program. Curate and exhibit projects in a graduating student exhibition
- Production Designer
- Graphic Designer
- Visual Designer
- Front-End Web Designer
- Content Management Design
- Motion Designer
- Content Developer
- Layout Artist
See General Education for Transfer Degrees for details.
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|ART-101: Two-Dimensional Design||3.00|
|ART-102: Drawing I||3.00|
|ART-114: Graphic Design Studio 1||3.00|
|ART-130: History of Graphic Design||3.00|
|ART-214: Graphic Design Studio 2||3.00|
|ART-230: Motion Graphics||3.00|
|ART-245: Interactive Design||3.00|
|ART-275: Advanced Projects||3.00|
|CIS-126: HTML/CSS Web Programming||4.00|