Offers experience developing skills and knowledge in the area of animation. Animators are artists who create the magic of motion. With animation commonplace on television, movies, gaming and the web, there is a demand for artists with the skill and know-how to produce creative animation. Computer and drawing skills are very important in this field.
- Sketch and refine preliminary concepts for traditional and digital animation as well as conceptual ideation.
- Illustrate fundamentals of design through the development of animated applications.
- Apply color theory to the creation of digital and traditional design solutions, including color correction and developing intended emotive reactions.
- Utilize current animation terminology as a basis for discussing and evaluating animated works, both student and professional.
- Construct vector and raster files for use in motion and digital outcomes.
- Develop digital work environments and appropriated file formats for saving work as well as for distribution of final output, prepare for print or file transfer.
- Utilize current industry software and equipment.
- Develop and present a portfolio of projects for use in seeking an entry-level position or transfer to a four-year degree program. Participate in graduating student gallery show.
Story Board Artist
Visual Development Artist
Story Board Assistant
All graduating students must participate in a graduating exhibition.
This program is designed to be completed in 32 weeks.
This program will cost $6,518 if completed within normal time. There may be additional costs for living expenses. These costs were accurate at the time of posting, but may have changed.
Of the students who completed this program within normal time, the typical debt upon graduation is not available.
The State of Michigan does not have licensure requirements for this profession.
For more information about graduation rates, loan repayment rates, and post-enrollment earnings about this institution and other postsecondary institutions please click here: https://collegescorecard.ed.gov/