Certificate of Achievement
School of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Professional Development: 313-845-9645, email@example.com, Technology Bldg, Room: E-211
David Maier: 313-845-9890, firstname.lastname@example.org, Technology Bldg, Room: E-112
Provides students with the skills to necessary for an entry-level position as a IT Help Desk or Computer Support professional. All of the courses in this certificate can also be applied to required course courses in the Associate of Applied Science degree in Network Administration and Associate of Applied Science degree in Cybersecurity for students wishing to continue their education. This certificate also prepares students for multiple IT industry certifications.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Support and troubleshoot Microsoft Office applications.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot network devices.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot PC hardware.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot PC client operating systems.
- Install, configure and troubleshoot the Windows Server operating system.
- Identify and mitigate computer security threats.
- IT Help Desk Technician
- PC Support Specialist
- Network Administrator
- Computer Support Technician
Required Core Courses
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|CIS-100: Introduction to Information Technology||3.00|
|CNT-110: CCNA: Networking I||4.00|
|CNT-120: CCNA: Networking II||4.00|
|CIS-124: Introduction to Windows Server Administration||3.00|
|CIS-159: A+ Technical Support||4.00|
Credit Hours: 18
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Fall 2022 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.