Builds on the Medical Insurance Specialist certificate and prepares students to manage the specialized business functions of a medical practice or medical facility. Course work covers medical billing, coding, and insurance claim forms as well as accounting, customer service, management, medical terminology, and effective oral and written communications.
- Interpret basic financial statements.
- Apply management theory to effectively supervise the human resources of an organization.
- Evaluate management decisions given an organization’s relationship to the external business environment.
- Creatively solve common problems in managing the business office of a medical or medical related organization.
- Demonstrate effective non-verbal and verbal communication skills for a business environment.
- Demonstrate effective written communication for a business environment.
- Employ computer applications to perform business activities.
- Prepare billing and insurance reimbursement documents to insure proper payment.
- Apply quantitative skills to analyze situations and make decisions in a business environment.
Students must complete a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen per Michigan Public Health Code 20713.
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|BBA-110: Business Grammar and Punctuation||3.00|
|BBA-131: Introduction to Business||4.00|
|BBA-231: Business Office Communications||3.00|
|MGT-230: Principles of Management||3.00|
|MGT-231: Leadership and Team Building||3.00|