The Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) was designed to seamlessly allow students to transfer from 2-year to 4-year colleges with the majority of general education requirements from both institutions to be satisfied. Students who complete the requirements listed in this certificate will automatically receive a Michigan Transfer Agreement certificate from HFC unless they opt out. Thirty (30) credit hours from six categories are required for completion of this certificate. Students should work with an Academic Advisor prior to selecting courses as many programs already have very specific MTA required courses for degree completion.
To prepare students for transfer to a 4-year institution.
- Compare and contrast the United States with other nations or world regions, addressing social (economic, political and cultural) issues, patterns of diversity, or aspects of inequality.
- Effectively communicate ideas appropriate to their discipline using standard English, through written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate skills for computer technology, including Internet, network and advanced file operations. Skills will include organizing, managing, and presenting data using office productivity software. Students will also identify security and integrity threats and identify unethical actions within their social or professional environments.
- Analyze and evaluate information and identify the need for research to draw conclusions, formulate inferences, solve problems and make decisions. Students will also demonstrate information literacy skills by locating, evaluating, selecting, organizing, synthesizing, and ethically documenting information from multiple sources using both informal and formal formats, as appropriate for diverse writing situations.
- Apply quantitative skills to analyze situations and make decisions in a variety of contexts.
- Transfer to a 4-year institution
Students must select one the following degree types for their program of study to be automatically admitted to this certificate program:
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Science
- Associate in General Studies
Once requirements are complete a graduation application should be submitted for receipt of the certificate.
See General Education Requirements for details.