This program has been discontinued or temporarily suspended. Currently enrolled students may complete their program of study, but new students will not be admitted.
Associate in Applied Science
School of Business, Entrepreneurship, and Professional Development: 313-845-9645, firstname.lastname@example.org, Technology Bldg, Room: E-211
James Anderson: 313-845-6351, email@example.com, Technology Bldg, Room: E-172A
Covers how to develop skills in areas such as industrial electrical, mechanical, robot maintenance, welding, and hydraulics. Course work and laboratory experiences will be provided that support skills in the area of self-directed work teams.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate an understanding of the mathematical functions specific to their trade.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the occupational health and safety requirements relative to the workplace in general and specific to their trades.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic industrial computer applications in the general workplace and specific to their trades.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application of graphic design relative to the general workplace and specific to their trades.
- Demonstrate an understanding of job skills specific to their trades.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the following essential knowledge and skills: troubleshooting, measurement, communication, use of hand tools, use of personal protection equipment, graphic interpretation, and problem solving.
Complete 9 credits in any three categories.
See General Education Requirements for details.
Required Core Courses
Credit Hours: 23
Required Support Courses
|Course name||Credit Hours|
Trade and Apprentice Education: Complete 15 additional trade and apprentice credits from:
|TAFD-117: Industrial Computer Applications||3.00|
|ENG-131: Introduction to College Writing||3.00|
Credit Hours: 21
Complete additional 100-level, or higher, credits to complete this degree.
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Fall 2022 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.