Provides students with the opportunity to fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings. Work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer; operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts; or inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces. Includes sheet metal duct installers who install prefabricated sheet metal ducts used for heating, air conditioning, or other purposes.
- Develop safe working habits with advanced technology tools & equipment.
- Apply digital skills in the application of different advanced technologies.
- Apply quantitative skills in the application of different advanced technologies.
- Demonstrate technological literacy of different advanced technologies through vocabulary, terminology and applications
- Develop appropriate communications tools and strategies for different advanced technological applications.
- Verify dimensions, alignment and clearances on finished parts to be assembled using appropriate measurement instruments.
- Plan, layout and install sheet metal components.
Complete a minimum of 38 additional credit hours in courses required within your specialization.
|TAMA-120: Industrial Applications of Algebraic Principles
|TAMA-130: Industrial Applications of Geometric Principles
|TAMA-200: Industrial Applications of Trigonometric Principles
Graphic Design: Complete courses based on specific company RTI
Shop/Craft Theory: Complete courses based on specific company RTI
Foundations: Complete courses based on specific company RTI
Welding: Complete courses based on specific company RTI
Electives: Complete courses based on specific company RTI
RTI (Related Training Instruction)
Employer specific document that details HFC courses needed to meet employer knowledge and skill requirements and fulfills HFC degree or certificate requirements.