Provides refrigeration and steam study, information and review of the fundamentals of refrigeration thermodynamics, refrigerants, metering devices, refrigeration system components, refrigeration system operation for ammonia and other refrigerants and refrigeration system operation and maintenance is included with refrigeration. Boilers, basic thermodynamics, boiler operation & maintenance, boiler and plant efficiency and emissions control, pump, auxiliaries, power plant accessories, turbines, engines, electrical, compressors, internal combustion engines, and power plant equipment.
- Solve work related problems using math skills.
- Communicate ideas and information effectively (both written and orally).
- Identify electrical circuits, components, and symbols.
- Demonstrate application of mechanical power transfer though hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrate application of boilers, refrigeration, heating and cooling systems.
- Identify multiple job-related environmental, safety, and ergonomic applied principles.
- Utilize digital literacy.
Complete a minimum of 38 credits and all required courses in your specialization.
RTI (Related Training Instruction)
Employer specific document that details HFC courses needed to meet employer knowledge and skill requirements and fulfills HFC degree or certificate requirements.