This certificate will develop the skills necessary for a person to become proficient in specialized areas of welding. They will also be able to choose a process in which to attempt a weldment for certification through the American Welding Society for an additional fee. Students will perform a weld utilizing correct procedures to become a certified welder.
- Analyze cutting and welding processes to identify and apply appropriate safe work practices.
- Communicate effectively within the industrial welding profession.
- Recognize, set-up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding and fabricating trades.
- Interpret industrial 2-D and 3-D drawings and symbols.
- Operate electrical and thermal cutting processes.
- Set-up and perform welding operations with the appropriate process on various metals in different situations.
- Analyze, in relation to specific welding processes, welding flaws, weld integrity, and appearance.
- Maintenance Welder
- Structural Steel Welder
- Pipe Welder