Associate in Business
Explores accounting theory and practice, and how accounting interrelates with other important business operations such as payroll, budget, and finance.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Prepare financial statements according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Evaluate business decisions given the legal and economic framework in which business functions.
- Analyze financial statements.
- Prepare final reports summarizing planning and control activities.
- Demonstrate effective written, verbal, and nonverbal communication in the business environment.
- Demonstrate industry-standard computer skills.
Required Core Courses
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|BAC-131: Introduction to Financial Accounting||4.00|
|BAC-132: Introduction to Managerial Accounting||4.00|
|BAC-231: Asset Accounting||4.00|
Credit Hours: 18
Required Support Courses
Credit Hours: 30
Minimum Total Credit Hours
Requirements are subject to change. The information represented here is effective starting Fall 2019 and applies to the current catalog year. If you were admitted prior to this year, please check your requirements under the My Progress section of HFC Self Service.