Provides students with the opportunity to improve and build on current skills and knowledge of CNC. Students receive training on the latest equipment used in the modern business environment, and successful students have the opportunity to develop an advanced-level of proficiency in the use and application of CNC equipment.
- Develop knowledge of career opportunities and demonstrate the requisite entry level machining and measurement skills for the Manufacturing Industry.
- Practice safe work habits in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Create a basic or complex part on non-computerized industry standard machining and turning equipment.
- Create complete complex parts on computer controlled machining centers.
- Create complete complex parts on computer controlled turning centers.
- Utilize quality control concepts to identify root cause part discrepancies.
- Synthesize information using numerical control software to complete three-dimensional parts on computer controlled milling and turning centers.
The courses required for this certificate are all accepted towards an associate degree to improve a student’s employability. The certificate can be used as a building block toward an Associate’s Degree in Science.