Emphasizes automotive service technical skills and business management courses. Covers how to develop the skills and knowledge necessary for success in automotive service management, including the use of effective communication with customers, co-workers, and service technicians.
- Develop the requisite skills and knowledge for entry-level employment in the automotive service industry.
- Utilize standard industry safety protocols in service labs, dealerships, private repair facilities, and other related areas.
- Demonstrate the characteristics and standards of professionalism that contribute to an effective job performance in a manner that include behavior, appearance, and punctuality.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills when communicating highly technical information.
- Apply management theory to effectively supervise the human resources of an organization.
- Evaluate management decisions given an organization’s relationship to the external business environment.
- Creatively solve common problems in managing an organization.
- Employ appropriate computer applications when performing business activities.
- Service managers of automotive dealerships
- Managers of aftermarket automotive repair and parts chain stores
- Assistant service manager
- Service advisor
- Service writer
- Service consultant
• Diagnostic technician
• Dynamometer technician
• Parts manager
• Product test technician
• Service manager
• Service technician
The Automotive Service Management-Technical Concentration program is fully certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE), and is fully accredited as a MAST (Master Automotive Service Technology) program by the ASE Education Foundation. 1503 Edwards Ferry Rd., NE Suite 401 Leesburg, VA 20176 http://www.aseeducationfoundation.org/
See General Education Requirements for details.