Offers the opportunity to develop skills in both Computer-Aided Design and Computer-Aided Manufacturing/CNC. This multi-disciplinary program between HFC's Drafting/CAD and Machine Tool Technology departments is based in both CAD and CNC technologies. Together these areas help students develop a foundation and the necessary hands-on experience that leads to better designed and manufactured products. Utilizing both disciplines, students who are successful gain a deeper appreciation for the resources and complexities that exist in each area independently, and as they work together in industry. Students develop and refine the skills and experience needed by entry-level and experienced CAD-CAM Technicians.
- Utilize drafting principles to read and comprehend a part drawing.
- Apply and layout dimensions on a part drawing for manufacturing.
- Create a part design using 3-D CAD software program.
- Create orthographic views of a part design utilizing 3-D CAD software program.
- Create section views of a part.
- Create complete complex parts on computer controlled machining centers.
- Create complete complex parts on computer controlled turning centers.
- Synthesize information using numerical control software to complete three-dimensional parts on computer controlled milling and turning centers.
- CAD Operator
- Engineering Technician
- CAD/CAM Technician
- Process Engineer
- CNC Set-up Technician
- CNC Operator
- Sales & Service Technician
- Quality Lab Technician
CATIA V5 Certification and Haas CNC Certification.
Complete 3 hours from any course from the Computer Technology list.
|Course name||Credit Hours|