Prepares students to transfer to a 4-year institution to complete a bachelor's degree in the life sciences. Designed in collaboration with several university biology departments to ensure maximum transferability into the various programs they offer.
- Design and carry out a scientific experiment/investigation.
- Practice safe laboratory techniques.
- Interpret figures displaying biological concepts.
- Create and interpret graphs using real data, including outliers, and relating the graphs to the original questions and hypotheses.
- Differentiate between patterns of data showing correlation versus cause and effect.
- Convey scientific explanations using proper written and verbal English.
- Compare and contrast scientific processes with opinion and belief systems.
- Demonstrate a knowledge base in chemistry.
- Apply biological and chemical concepts and principles in the analysis of complex biological processes.
- Describe processes vital to the maintenance of life ranging from cells and individual organisms to ecosystems and the biosphere.
The nature of this program is to serve as a transfer degree into a 4-year or longer degree at another college or university.
|Course name||Credit Hours|
Composition-Communication: Complete one