Assists students in gaining the necessary knowledge and competencies to manage the specialized business functions of an athletic club, fitness center, health club or sports facility. Covers concepts in accounting, customer service, human resources, marketing, management and effective oral and written communication skills. Successful students learn nutrition, current and future trends in exercise, operation of a fitness facility, equipment purchase and maintenance and exercise prescriptions for clients from various demographic populations. Students may also earn a Fitness Leadership Certificate in addition to this degree by successfully completing two Anatomy and Physiology classes and performing an internship.
- Interpret basic financial statements.
- Apply management theory to effectively supervise the human resources of an organization.
- Evaluate management decisions given an organization’s relationship to the external business environment.
- Creatively solve common problems in managing an organization.
- Demonstrate effective non-verbal and verbal communication skills for a business environment.
- Demonstrate effective written communication for a business environment.
- Employ computer applications to perform business activities.
- Devise the appropriate exercise prescription for a variety of populations (e.g. obese, athlete, diabetic) following the American College of Sports Medicine guidelines.
- Diagram the facility requirements for a wellness center as defined by the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Perform the appropriate response to the injury situations that are likely to happen in an exercise setting.
- Demonstrate procedures for assessing skill and health-related components of physical fitness based on guidelines from the American College of Sports Medicine.
- Outline the physiological changes that occur to the systems of the body as a result of exercise.
- Apply quantitative skills to analyze situations and make decisions in a business environment
See General Education Requirements for details.
|Course name||Credit Hours|
|BBA-131: Introduction to Business||4.00|
|BBA-133: Business Behavior and Communication||3.00|
|BBA-153: Customer Service||3.00|
|BBA-252: Principles of Marketing||3.00|
|MGT-230: Principles of Management||3.00|
|MGT-231: Supervision and Teambuilding||3.00|